Tuesday, February 4, 2014

DREAM BEFORE BIRTH


Two months before his birth, our now twenty-year-old son came to me in a dream.  While still in the dream, slightly awake, I reached for the small tape recorder.  I was aware enough to know the dream needed to be recorded.   

It was only when I was fully awake and transcribing the words the next day---- words that filled two typewritten pages, single space, that my life, and understanding of children would be altered forever.  The information was explicit, direct, and universal.  Later, I was inspired to write: Free The Children, a book later published. 

 “I am coming here to help dissolve the artificial barriers between people,” he said in the dream.  “I wll have a name when you, my mother and I see each other equally,” he continued.  Four years passed before a name appeared.  I noticed, during those pre-name years, when I was seeing him as just a child.  I quickly changed my perception to see him fully as a whole person.  Until the name came, we called him little person, sweet face, or little one. Still do actually. 

Without ever sharing the dream with him, (he wasn't interested).  I continue to witness how his simple presence brings people together.  He quietly stands for everyone, and takes no sides.  I have learned to do the same.  When I am trapped by old learned beliefs and fears about education, money or "think of your future"thoughts, I silently soften, remembering the final words of the dream, "“I do not need you to be with me.  I need youto be with yourself.  When you are with yourself, you are with me."     



No comments:

Post a Comment