Tuesday, January 21, 2014

GOOD ENOUGH



I have to tell you the truth.  I am not a consumer.  I am not a recluse, nor introverted,  nor extroverted.  I am not too sensitive, too smart, nor too anything.  I am just right for who I am.  I can say this, yet our language tends to define, name, classify and pathologize behavior from birth on.  There is no one to blame. Oh well, maybe just a little bit.  But then, blame is another learned behavior    

What if I decide, which I have, to simply be with people, especially children, being present, noticing when I am about to classify, or label them.  Are children "fussy" or are they uncomfortable, needing something?  I feel lighter and freer when I delete all the naming of what appears wrong, missing or needs improvement with others, or self.

There is a system and habit of carrying voices inside of us that constantly find fault with ourselves, and a belief that whatever we do in life, is never quite good enough.  I could explain how all this self judgment, and judgment of others came to exist.  But doesn’t matter.  I know it separates us all.  I just want to hang out with people, care about them: children, women, men, gay, straight, neither.....that have a sense of humor, can speak of things you cannot prove, are not logical, not even part of what appears to be reality, (consensus reality).  Just hold space for everyone.

It is more fun to look for what is right about everything even when it seems so wrong, and learn to see myself in others. 






No comments:

Post a Comment