Friday, August 24, 2012

 Last Sunday,
my bicycle and I separated when it stopped and
I did not. 

  Physically, I am fine. The cuts and bruises have
healed rapidly.  Emotionally, the shock continues
one and off...in a useful way.  The last time I had
an owie or hurt is when I was 12 years old.  This is almost
a new experience for me to have felt so scared and
shocked.   And then to allow others to help me
and then receive it freely. 

I know when I offer help to others, I do it easily,
honestly and with "wanting to."  Whether it be physical
help, or emotional or simply being present, I want to.
When I am the recipient, I feel uncomfortable, probably wondering
whether I am imposing, being a burden....yet I can and will
receive it graciously.

Feeling my "being afraid," is yucky but welcome.  I honor it in
others.  It is sometime unfamiliar to me to actually have the real
fear come to the surface, and then be with it. 

Just need to say that I would love to come down again with Boye
and be with you, Jimmy Knight, and just be there.

love,
bruce
 

No comments:

Post a Comment