Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A personal message to people of any age, gender, color, religion, political belief, or body type:   If you share your personal life with me in voice or written word, I assume you can share it because you know I hear you, your words are safe and respected.  There is a sacredness in the air.  It is not for me to agree or disagree with what you say.  It is for me to simply hear you, and speak only when invited.

If I share my personal life with you, I feel safe with you, meaning I know you will hold dear the stories or words I tell you, and what I might reveal could be spontaneous.  If I felt I was expected to, or should tell you things, or it is the social thing to do, I would keep my words silently sacred. 

Sharing my life with someone just because I think I am supposed to, and you will like me, or stay my friend, serves no one ever.  My job to myself and to you or the other, is to possibly feel uncomfortable, yet set an example of what it looks like to be available but not "trying" to have you like me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment