Wednesday, October 2, 2013

BABY AND THE WORLD


So what does a father and his six-month-old baby have to do with what is going on in the world between countries, governments and political chaos?  They do.  They just do  A father walked by me in a crowded little cafe, pushing a traditional carriage with his young six-month old boy lying flat on his back looking up in wonder....calm, silent and, just there.

The scene itself wasn't unusual, except the father was calm too.  They matched each other.  As they walked by, the father was having a quiet, easy respectful conversation with the boy.  I relaxed inside just being around them. They were with each other completely, their eyes touching. I didn't hear the words spoken.  I simply noticed his soft voice, gentle and equal, as if knowing the six-month-old person was already a full, total and whole human being.   Size and age did not divide them.  In the midst of the busyness and chaos around them, they were with each other completely.    

Witnessing the dad and his young son, reminded me to slow down and be where I am, over and over again………..and how children and adults of any age, and size, can always be.  They showed up in my world to remind me to be still inside, and make connection with everyone, or know when I am not……so I can be still again.  The world "out there" will feel it, even if I don't fully believe it will.  

No comments:

Post a Comment