Sunday, December 25, 2011

OCCUPY OURSELVES

I support the Occupy Wall street movement completely. I also support personal justice and fairness with Occupying the people closest to us in our daily lives, especially our families, both intimately related, and all human family, even those
that disturb us. Especially those that disturb us. I want to integrate the one-percent of me that judges and separates the world into bad and good, "I'm right and you are wrong."

Sometimes, committing to change the entire world, government, or financial system, can seem easier than changing our perception of those closest to us, or the stories we carry about them, Finding present-time compassion for our family, non-family, and all those who disturb us, is where the change begins. Shifting our familiar ways to live our relationships, can be the most difficult, seemingly impossible thing to do.... yet ultimately freeing for everyone. Being the change I want to see in others
really works.

We can even occupy our minds, and thoughts, our fears and "justified" blames. We an take charge of how we think about people. Occupying Wall street or ourselves, must happen. This may sound like a lecture...and it is...but I write this to and for myself, as a personal reminder. I am simply sharing it with other occupiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment