Sunday, September 28, 2014

DE-ADULTING

What if I de-adulted myself?  I mean, gave up the need to be an adult person, someone who carries the beliefs of a world around him, dresses a certain way, talks like everyone else, shakes hands when greeting others, believes that getting older and taller means less spontaneous expression, more seriousness, separation from the instincts that want to cry, sing, dance, play, and do things that are alive in my body? 

What if I listened to children in the same way I listen to adults?  What if nothing had to make sense, be logical, or even be acceptable to others?

One more what if.  What if I decided I was not an adult, a child, or anything labeled?  I was just me, the loving, sometimes sad, playful, compassionate, kind, sometimes mean, little big person that cared about others, sought silence amid the noise, hugged others, allowed my mind to wander aimlessly from thoughts to fear, to worry, and wherever it travels, yet tapping into a self-aware place within me that can observe from the "outside," and tends to believe that there is something right about everything, even when not knowing for sure what that may be, like a universal religion that believes everything.  

No comments:

Post a Comment