Sunday, January 31, 2010

DO YOU GET IT YET BRUCE?

I awoke from a dream where all the significant perceived enemies and loving friends in my life, since I was 16 years old, stood shoulder to shoulder, side by side, in a long line. All were leaning forward slightly so I could see their facial expressions. I was on my knees at the end of the line, able to see all their faces at the same time. I recognized them all as friends that had "betrayed" me, people who had "hurt" and been mean to me. Some in the line were close friends that brought a smile. There was a mix of women and men, that over the years, had either been mean, perceived enemies or kind and loving.

The one thing in common, as they stood there looking at me, was an expression of, "Do you get it yet Bruce?" I knew in the dream, and when I awoke, what that meant.

I sat up in bed with a smile, knowing that all the events and people in my life that I've reacted to, or believed I had been emotionally abused, or taken advantage of, or even "betrayed," happened for me, not to me. It wasn't even a belief stretch to realize that my reaction to anything or anyone is always mine, and within my total control. I knew that disturbing events, and people, are a projection of sorts, giving me another chance to be free of having to make anyone wrong, or bad. I still do but now I become aware pretty quick, like in seconds, and can simply let them be. Or at least respond from a non-reactive, hurt or angry place. Thus, I am free.

No comments:

Post a Comment